Dear Friend of the Ashram,
It is our great honor and fortune to have the association of Srila Janardan Maharaj here at the Seva Ashram. He is one of the foremost disciples of Srila A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupad, Srila B.R. Sridhar Maharaj and Srila B.S. Govinda Maharaj.
Celebration of the Divine Appearance Day of
Srila Bhakti Pavan Janardan Maharaj
10:30 am in Santa Cruz
Saturday, January 24, 2015
Before leaving this world, Srila Govinda Maharaj declared in his Last Will and Testament:
“And in America Sripad Janardan Maharaj is a perfect personality. He is a perfect gentleman. He will be Acharya. He is Acharya already but has given all the respect to me; I am giving in return to him. Sripad Janardan Maharaj will become the Acharya and Sevaite of the Soquel Math.”
Srila Janardan Maharaj (left), Srila Bhakti Sudhir Goswami Maharaj (center) and
Srila Bhakti Sundar Govinda Dev-Goswami Maharaj (right)
Srila Janardan Maharaj is known world-wide for his extreme humility. Therefore it is with enthusiasm and happiness that we invite you to share this very special occasion with us as we honor and worship Srila Janardan Maharaj.
His Vyasa Puja Celebration will be held on Saturday, January 24, beginning at 10:30 at the Soquel Seva Ashram.
Please bring your friends and family and join us for this joyful occasion.
Sanatani devi dasi
Inspiration for your day:
• Loving Association with the Devotees–typed from a talk by Janardan Maharaj
• Listen to his classes–many audio recordings are available to stream
• Honoring Srila Janardan Maharaj–glorification by Jai Balai Prabhu
• Janardan Maharaj’s Biography–by Sripad Bhakti Sharan Vaishnav Maharaj
Dates to remember:
• January 5, 2015 – Purnima, Pushyabhisheka Yatra of Sri Krishna, Disappearance of Sripad Bhakti Sharan Vaishnav Maharaj 6 pm
• January 8, 2015 – Appearance of Srila Gopal Batta Goswami Prabhu, Disappearance of Srila Ramachandra Kaviraj
• January 11, 2015 – Disappearance of Srila Jayadev Goswami
• January 13, 2015 – Disappearance of Srila Lochan Das Thakur
• January 13, 2015 – Sriman Mahaprabhu leaves Navadwip in the night to go to Katwa to take sannyas
• January 15, 2015 – Remembrance of Sriman Mahaprahbu’s sannyas-lila
• January 16, 2015 – Ekadasi
• January 17, 2015 – Break fast from 7:27 to 10:20 am
• January 24, 2015 – Appearance Day of Srila Bhakti Pavan Janardan Maharaj 10:30 am
• January 25, 2015 – Sri Krishna Vasanta Panchami, Appearance day of Sri Vishnu Priya