I humbly invite you to please bring your family and friends on Thursday, November 5th, for the Grand 121st Divine Appearance Day of the Founder President Acharya of Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math, Om Vishnupad Sri Srila Bhakti Rakshak Sridhar Dev-Goswami Maharaj. The programs will start at 5:30 pm in San Jose and 6 pm in Santa Cruz. Scroll down for details.
Please come at noon on Wednesday as well, if you can, to the Santa Cruz Seva Ashram for a special feast honoring Bahulastami, the sannyas day of Srila Govinda Maharaj and Srila Janardan Maharaj, and the anniversary of the inauguration of the Pushpa Samadhi of Srila Govinda Maharaj in Soquel.
The following Thursday, November 12th, we will celebrate Sri Govardhan Puja.
Srila Janardan Maharaj returned a few days ago from a grand festival in Veracruz, Mexico for the anniversary of the installation of the holy deities there.
In his lecture at the Sunday Feast yesterday he mentioned that one of the limbs of sharanagati, or surrender, is to accept what is favorable to devotion. Observing vaishnava festivals, including the appearance and disappearance days of our guru parampara and vaishnava saints, is an example of something favorable that we can do in our spiritual lives.
krtyatva-niscayas-canu-, kulya-sankalpa ucyate
(Sri Sri Prapanna-jivanamritam, 3.1)
With that, I hope you will join our upcoming festivals, and take advantage of the opportunity to associate with some very special visitors who will be travelling through the Seva Ashram this fall and winter.
Yours in the Lord’s service,
Sushila Devi Dasi
The Grand 121st Appearance Day Celebration of
Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math’s
Founder President Acharya,
Sri Srila Bhakti Raksak Sridhar Dev-Goswami Maharaj
Thursday, November 5th, 2015
6:00 pm in Santa Cruz
5:30 pm in San Jose
devam divya-tanum suchanda-vadanam
vande tam subhadam mad-eka-saranam
“I fall at the feet of Srila Sridhar Dev, who with charming expression sings his songs of sweet nectar. Dressed in fine garments like the newly-risen sun, he is the true saint, the devotees have chosen. His detachment and knowledge are just like an ocean, the treasure-house of complete, perfect conclusions. Radiant in pastimes of loving devotion, the abode of pure ecstasy, bestower of good fortune; foremost true follower of Srila Bhakti Siddhanta, foremost great general of the whole renounced order, my lord and my master, my only shelter, I worship his feet, Srila Sridhar Dev.”
- Many articles by His Divine Grace, Srila Sridhar Maharaj are on the Seva Ashram Post click here
- To read His Divine Graces’ biography click here
- For the front page of Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math click here
- November 4, 2015 – Bahulastami & Sannyas Day of Srila Govinda Maharaj & Srila Janardan Maharaj. Anniversary of the inauguration of Srila Govinda Maharaj’s Pushpa Samadhi Mandir at the Santa Cruz Seva Ashram. Noon feast.
- November 5, 2015 – Grand 121st Appearance of Srila Bhakti Rakshak Sridhar Dev-Goswami Maharaj. Apearance of Srila Virachandra Prabhu. Evening program.
- November 7, 2015 – Mahadvadasi
- November 8, 2015 – Paran from 6:42 to 10:08 am. Mahaprabhu’s auspicious arrival at Panihati
- November 11, 2015 – Dipavali. Offering and placing lamps at temple
- November 12, 2015 – Sri Govardhan Puja
- November 13, 2015 – Disappearance of Srila Vasudev Ghosh Thakur
- November 15, 2015 – Disappearance of A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Maharaj Prabhupad
- November 19, 2015 – Sri Gopastami, Go Puja, Disappearance of Srila Srinivas Acharya, Dhananjaya Pandit, Gadadhar Das
- December 27, 2015 – Grand 87th Appearance of Srila Bhakti Sundar Govinda Dev-Goswami Maharaj
- December 29, 2015 – Disappearance of Bhagavan Srila Bhakti Siddhanta Saraswati Thakur